OA Publishing at Elsevier
The UB Bodenkultur offers BOKU scientists the possibility to publish scientific articles Open Access in the following journals free of charge:
- Hybrid journals from Elsevier and Cell Press (Cell Press: for submissions from 1.1.2022)
Open access fees (Article Processing Charges, APC) are charged centrally at the library. (Agreement period: 2021-2023)
For publications in Gold Open Access journals from Elsevier, Cell Press and The Lancet, the contingent for articles submitted in 2022 has been used up according to the publisher. If you receive an invoice from the publisher for APC for articles with submission date 2022, please contact the library.
Who can use this offer?
- The submitting, corresponding author must be affiliated with BOKU (active employment status at the date of submission).
- Eligible article types: full length articles, review articles (add. for Cell Press Hybrid Journals: short communication)
- Articles from FWF-funded projects are processed via the FWF
During submission the corresponding author chooses the BOKU as affiliation.
Once your article is accepted for publication, you have to complete the author journey and choose the publishing options.
- Select the affiliation details
- Add co-authors and funder details
- Choose “Publish Open Access”
- Select a CC License: CC BY 4.0 (recommended) or CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
- Select the rights
- Agree to the Journal License Publishing Agreement
- Summary Page “Review Order”
The affiliation details are used to identify the author and match her/him to the Austrian institution agreement for the payment of the OA fees*.
Please mention the funding in the acknowledgements of the article (Open access funding provided by University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU).
*) Please note: Extra fees such as page charges, color-in-print charges, manuscript conversion are charged directly to the authors and are exempt from this agreement and have to be financed yourself. Refunding from the publication fund is unfortunately not possible.
Further information about OA Publishing agreement with Elsevier:
Please direct questions to ub.support(at)boku.ac.at or to Mag. Dr. Martina Liska 01/47654-38070.