OA publishing fund
This page is available under these URLs:
Due to the high interest, the money resources of the library's Open Access Fund have already been used up. Publication costs that have already been accepted for funding remain valid. (Status: 06.07.2021)
According to thefeedback from the Rectorate, the fund cannot be increased and will no longer be endowed for 2022.
Please note: The Open Access publishing agreements remain valid.
The establishment of a publishing fund for article processing charges (APCs) for articles in Open Access journals, as well as Open Access publishing agreements, serves to promote Open Access publications of BOKU members.
The Open Access publishing fund is managed via the university library. There are special preconditions for funding:
- The corresponding author or senior author is a staff member of BOKU (current employment relationship at
the date of submission).
- The journal has to be listed in the DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- The publication is instantly Open Access after publication date.
- Publication fees may not exceed 2,000 EUR (including VAT).
As the financial resources of the fund are limited, there can be no guarantee of reimbursement.
- Refunding of already paid APCs is not possible.
- It is not possible to cover the publication costs of funded research projects (FWF, FFG, etc.)
Please note: Experience has shown that it is advisable to apply for funding even before submitting the manuscript to the publisher. In this way, the library can check eligibility for funding at an early stage or ensure that funding is still available.
If you meet the requirements for funding, send us a message with the following information to
- Name of the corresponding author or senior author
- Title of the article, publishers name and web page
- Open Access fee
- Confirmation that there is no other funding available