OA Publishing at Elsevier
New 2021: Publish Open Access in Gold Journals and Hybrid Journals
The Main Library offers BOKU scientists the opportunity to publish an unlimited number of articles Open Access in Elsevier hybrid journals and gold journals (plus Cell Press, The Lancet) at no additional cost. Open Access fees (Article Processing Charges, APC) are charged centrally at the library. (Agreement period: 2021-2023)
Who can use this offer?
- The corresponding author must be affiliated with BOKU (active employment status at the date of submission).
- For Gold Journals: the manuscript has been submitted from 01.01.2021
- Eligible article types: Full length articles, Reviews
- Articles from FWF-funded projects are processed via the FWF (for submissions from 1.1.2021)
During submission the corresponding author chooses the BOKU as affiliation.
Once your article is accepted for publication, you have to complete the author journey and choose the publishing options.
- Select the affiliation details
- Add co-authors and funder details
- Choose “Publish Open Access”
- Select a CC License: CC BY 4.0 (recommended) or CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
- Select the rights
- Agree to the Journal License Publishing Agreement
- Summary Page “Review Order”
The affiliation details are used to identify the author and match her/him to the Austrian institution agreement for the payment of the OA fees*.
Please mention the funding in the acknowledgements of the article (Open access funding provided by University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU).
*) Please note: Extra fees such as page charges, color-in-print charges, manuscript conversion are charged directly to the authors and are exempt from this agreement and have to be financed yourself. Refunding from the publication fund is unfortunately not possible.
Further information about OA Publishing agreement with Elsevier:
Please direct questions to ub.support(at)boku.ac.at or to Mag. Dr. Martina Liska 01/47654-38070.