OA-Publishing at ACS
This page is available under these URLs:
The Main Library offers BOKU scientists the opportunity to publish Open Access in American Chemical Society (ACS) hybrid journals at no additional cost. Open Access fees (Article Processing Charges, APC) are charged centrally at the library. The agreement also includes online reading access to the entire ACS journal collection covering the period 2020-2022.
Please note: The offer is available for a limited number of journal articles ("first come - first served").
Who can use this offer?
- The corresponding author has to be a member of BOKU with an active employment status at the date of acceptance.
- The article must have been accepted by the publisher after 1.1.2020.
Workflow for authors:
- ACS uses the web interface of the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) to process the agreement.
- After acceptance you will be informed about the opportunity to publish open access at no extra cost.
- Choose the option "open access" and "Seek funding from BOKU".
- It is important to specify the University of Agricultural Sciences, the email address of the BOKU, as appropriate, the Grant ID (f.e. FWF) to enable the identification of eligible authors by ACS.
Please mention the funding in the acknowledgements of the article (Open access funding provided by University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU).
All article types are eligible for funding. (except of: Additional and Corrections, Expressions of Concern, Retraction, In This Issue, Introducing our Authors)
The articles will be published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license CC BY 4.0.
Further information: https://www.kemoe.at/english/open-access/acs-open-access-english
Please direct questions to ub.support(at)boku.ac.at or to Mag. Dr. Martina Liska 01/47654-38070.