Stadt Wien - BOKU Research Funding
I. Stadt Wien-BOKU Research Funding
Research projects from all BOKU-related fields with reference to research or action fields of bioeconomy with a project sum of 25,000 to 70,000 Euro and a project duration of a maximum of 2 years can be promoted. According to the strategic objectives in BOKU's developmental plan, the research project should be planned and realized considering sustainability and scientific excellence. This year’s topic once again provides the opportunity to promote a variety of Vienna-related projects. Bioeconomy – as a concept for sustainable supply and use of biological resources – has the potential to contribute to the transformation towards a more sustainable economic system. It connects rural, peri-urban and urban areas via material cycles as well as various economic sectors and can thus contribute to technical and social innovation. Bioeconomy’s possible contributions to achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the city of Vienna are the focus of this call. There is a special focus on SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities) and SDG 12 (Ensure Sustainable Consumption and Production Patterns) with particular emphasis on the chances, risks, and possible conflicts of interest. For the definition of the Sustainable Development Goals see for example http://www.un.org/depts/german/gv-70/a70-l1.pdf
Since the fund wishes to promote junior scientists, all BOKU researchers with a doctoral degree, a maximum of seven postdoctoral years and documented previous scientific knowledge are entitled to apply. University professors are excluded. The project implementation has to be mainly carried out at BOKU.
Proposals (Send as one PDF file (max. 5MB) to researchfunds(at)boku.ac.at)
For submission the APPLICATION FORM has to be completed with the following content:
1) Project description in English or (depending on the topic selection and subject area, as well as the remark on a German or English speaking assessor) German, consisting of the following:
- Project abstract for public relations in German (max. one A4 page)
- Scientific abstract (in German and English, max. half a page each)
- Elaborate description on the planned research project (max. eight pages excl. literature): scientific question, review of current research and individual preliminary work, project objectives and innovation, elaborate working plan incl. methodology
- Time and cost schedule: the fund can be used to accommodate expenditure on personnel, material and travel related to the project. Project-specific costs of research partners from the Danube region are eligible for funding. Please note the reimbursement guidelines of the Rectorate: §27 - Kostenersatzrichtlinie.
The application form must enclose the following:
2) The table with calculation of costs. Please note the reimbursement guidelines of the Rectorate: §27 - Kostenersatzrichtlinie. Fr. Mag.a Tamara Zhuber (tamara.zhuber(at)boku.ac.at or extension -33012) is available for any questions related to the calculation of costs.
3) Detailed résumé including a list of publications and presentation of scientific competence of the applicant - especially in the field of application.
4) Suggestion of at least ten potential, exclusively international assessors (details see application form)
Please note: For the compilation of your documents, please do not use sheet protectors. Also do not bind your documents when you hand them in.
Please submit your electronic project description two weeks prior to the expiration of the submission deadline.
Questions & Answers (adapted June 4, 2013)
Applications are requested until May 31, 2018.
Please send your proposal to researchfunds(at)boku.ac.at