This interdisciplinar area is conducted by more than one Working groups (areas).
Below you can see a list of current and finished research projects.
Overview on current and recently finished research projects
- Application of biotests to determine the biological activity of secondary plant metabolites (active biological agents)
- Ecotoxicity of biodegradable materials
- Ecotoxicological monitoring of old deposits
- Use of bioassays to investigate the influence of bioavailability on the toxicity of petrol hydrocarbon contaminated soils
- Project INTERLAND (Innovative Technologies for Remediation of Landfills and Contaminated Soils) (Brownfield land organically contaminated)
- Project INTERLAND (Innovative Technologies for Remediation of Landfills and Contaminated Soils) (Old deposits)
- Project LIBERATION (Development of a decision support system for sustainable management of contaminated land by linking bioavailability, ecological risk and ground water pollution of organic pollutants)
- Project EVAPASSOLD (Evaluation and Preliminary Assessment of Old Deposits) - Part III
- Project FATEALLCHEM (Fate and Toxicity of Allelochemicals)
- Bioremediation and toxicity monitoring of PAH contaminated soils and sludges
- Biological pollutant degredation in the rhizosphere
- Ecotoxicological evaluation of PAH contaminated soils
- Design and monitoring of biopile remediation
- Phytoremediation of PAH contaminated soils
- Project EVAPASSOLD - Parts I & II
- Risk assessment of PAH contaminated land
- Stress proteins in plants
- Ecological assessment of crude oil contaminated soil samples
Participating Working Groups and Areas
Area Geobiotechnology & Environmental Chemistry: Andreas P. Loibner, ao.Univ.Prof.Dipl.-Ing.Dr.nat.techn.
WG Environmental Microbiology: Ines Fritz, Ass.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.nat.techn.