Joint Study agreements are bilateral agreements between two universities and respectively their faculties (colleges). In the agreements, the exchange of students for one semester is arranged. Tuition fees are released for the most part.
The quota of exchange of BOKU depends on the balances with the partner institutions (ratio incoming/outgoing students). We request our nominated students to promote BOKU at the host institution and to be a worthy representative of BOKU. You are all ambassadors of BOKU!
The advisory committee reserves the right to nominate you for another university as your preference. A second preference has to be chosen.
You apply not only for a JOINT STUDY scholarship but also for a study place. Study places have a value between €5.000,- and €25.000,- depending on the partner institution.
The Awarding of the Scholarship:
The study abroad advisory committee, composed of one professor from each field of study and the executive head of ZIB carries out the awarding of the scholarship to recipients.
Study Abroad Advisory Board:
- UBRM Prof. Haas
- LBT Prof. Haltrich
- KTWW Prof. Klik
At the moment, BOKU has bilateral agreements with the following universities:
- Cornell University, CALS - College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Ithaka, NEW YORK Cornell - Partner Information
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, INDIANA Purdue - Partner Information
- Iowa State University, Ames, IOWA ISU - Partner Information
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KANSAS KSU- Partner Information
- Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL FAMU - Partner Information
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN UoM- Partner Information
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI MSU - Partner Information
- Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI MTU - Partner Information
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WEST VIRGINIA WVU - Partner Information
- University of Georgia, Athens, GEORGIA UGA - Partner Information
- University of Arizona, Tucson, ARIZONA UA - Partner Information
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NEBRASKA Nebraska-Lincoln - Partner Information (tution fees: about $ 2.000,- pro Semester)
- Weber State University, Ogden, UT
- **new** University of Montana Website
- University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, IL Illinois - Partner Information
- University of Carleton, Ottawa, ONTARIO Carleton- Partner Information
- University of Guelph, Guelph, ONTARIO Guelph - Partner Information
- *University of New Brunswick, NEW BRUNSWICK
- *University of Alberta, ALBERTA
- *The University of British Columbia, BRITISH COLUMBIA
*with TRANSFOR-M only: TRANSFOR-M Outgoing
- Griffith University - Brisbane Griffith - Partner Information (currently no exchange possible)
- Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane QUT - Partner Information (currently no exchange possible)
- University of Newcastle - Newcastle UoN - Partner Information
- Macquarie University - Sydney Macquarie - Partner Information - on request
- La Trobe University - Melbourne LaTrobe - Partner Information, La Trobe Fact Sheet (currently no exchange possible)
- Flinders University - Adelaide Flinders - Partner Information
- Murdoch University - Perth Murdoch - Partner Information - places available!
- Lincoln University, CANTERBURY www.lincoln.ac.nz
Tuition fees ca. NZ$ 11.000,- (ca. € 6.600,- per semester)
- Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina - UNALM, Lima www.lamolina.edu.pe
- Stellensbosch University Website Stellenbosch University
- Universidad Nacional de Mexiko - UNAM, Mexico City UNAM - Partner Information
- Universidad Autonoma Chapingo, Texcoco Chapingo - Partner Information