This page is available under these URLs:
TRANSFOR-M with BOKU as host University
More information for students with BOKU as home university is available on the Outgoing Website: http://short.boku.ac.at/int-out-js-transform
TRANSFOR-M = TRANSatlantic FORestry Master
TRANSFOR-M is a programme for student exchange with canadian and european Universities. Website: https://www.unr.uni-freiburg.de/en/studies-and-instruction/master-programs/transfor-m
About TRANSFOR-M with BOKU as host University
After your application at your home university and the selection within the Transfor-M comittee you will be nominated to BOKU. If you chose BOKU as home University continue on this Website: TransforM with BOKU as home University
At BOKU you need to get a full admission to the Mountain Forestry programme. Contact us for information concerning the legalization of the documents!
Find more information and the curriculum at the Mountain Forestry Webpage.
Full admission to Mountain Forestry
Link to Information about full admission with international educational background: boku.ac.at/eg4mk
Note on the information on all legal aspects of studies (admission, examinations, completion,...): Only the information available on the websites of the BOKU study services is legally binding.
- Application form
- Evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- Transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contents of teaching
- Fulfilment of the special University entrance qualification
= Confirmation of home university that you would be entitled to enroll in a Master's programme without requiring any further entrance exams, interviews, etc.
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English
= Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English from countries with English as the official language
Note: Contact us for information concerning legalization of the documents!
All documents must be submitted in German or English
Application Deadlines: we recommend to apply as soon as the decision for accepting you into the TRANSFOR-M programme was made. The application process and the process to get a visa can take several weeks. For more information, please contact us: jointstudy(at)boku.ac.at
For admission within TRANSFOR-M to other english master programmes than mountain forestry please contact us: jointstudy(at)boku.ac.at
English master programmes at BOKU: http://short.boku.ac.at/yp5wwg
TRANSFOR-M at BOKU
- Full admission to Mountain Forestry
- 1 year at home, 1 year abroad (recognition of courses at BOKU)
- Master thesis must be registered at BOKU, Co-supervisor at host University required. Master thesis information: https://boku.ac.at/en/studienservices/themen/infos-studienabschluss/abschlussarbeiten/masterarbeiten
- Defensio according to Guidelines for the Defensio of a Master‘s thesis at BOKU
- Graduation according to the degree-awarding guidelines of the two universities attended
- Make sure to stay registered as BOKU student until you finish the whole programme. See: Continuation of studies
Planning the stay
- Get admission to Mountain Forestry Master at BOKU
- We recommend an application for a „Residence Permit Student“ 3-6 months before entry
- Entry and Resience Permits: http://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-life-visa-en.html
- Database Entry and Residence: https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/
- How much money will I need? >>> estimated living costs in Vienna
- Join us for the Welcome Days for International students before the beginning of the semester: https://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-welcome-en.html
- Language courses at BOKU: https://short.boku.ac.at/int-languages-registration-int-en.html
About Mountain Forestry: http://short.boku.ac.at/yow28
Programme Coordinator Mountain Forestry:
For organizational concerns and questions of all kinds:
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Center for International Relations
Lisa Maria Schmidtberger, MSc.
Peter Jordan-Straße 82a, A-1190 Vienna
Tel.: +43 1 47654-32015
For consulting hours see: https://short.boku.ac.at/lisamariaschmidtberger