This page is available under these URLs:
More information for students with BOKU as home university is available on the Outgoing Website: http://short.boku.ac.at/int-out-js-transform
TRANSFOR-M = TRANSatlantic FORestry Master
TRANSFOR-M is a programme for student exchange with canadian and european Universities
About TRANSFOR-M with BOKU as host University
After your application at your home university and the selection within the Transfor-M comittee you will be nominated to BOKU.
At BOKU you need to get a full admission to the Mountain Forestry programme. Note: No legalization is necessary!
Find more information and the curriculum at the Mountain Forestry Webpage.
Full admission to Mountain Forestry
Link to Information about full admission with international educational background: boku.ac.at/eg4mk
- Application form
- Evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- Transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contents of teaching
- Fulfilment of the special University entrance qualification
= Confirmation of home university that you would be entitled to enroll in a Master's programme without requiring any further entrance exams, interviews, etc.
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English
= Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English from countries with English as the official language
Note: No legalization is necessary!
All documents must be submitted in German or English
Application Deadlines: we recommend to apply as soon as the decision for accepting you into the TRANSFOR-M programme was made. The application process and the process to get a visa can take several weeks. For more information, please contact us: jointstudy(at)boku.ac.at
For admission within TRANSFOR-M to other english master programmes than mountain forestry please contact us: jointstudy(at)boku.ac.at
English master programmes at BOKU: http://short.boku.ac.at/yp5wwg
TRANSFOR-M at BOKU
- Full admission to Mountain Forestry
- 1 year at home, 1 year abroad (recognition of courses at BOKU)
- Master thesis must be registered at BOKU, Co-supervisor at host University required
- Defensio according to Guidelines for the Defensio of a Master‘s thesis at BOKU
- Graduation according to the degree-awarding guidelines of the two universities attended
Planning the stay
- Get admission to Mountain Forestry Master at BOKU
- We recommend an application for a „Residence Permit Student“ 3-6 months before entry
- Entry and Resience Permits: http://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-life-visa-en.html
- Database Entry and Residence: oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-residence-and-employment/database-entry-and-residence/third-countries/student/
- How much money will I need? >>> estimated living costs in Vienna
About Mountain Forestry: http://short.boku.ac.at/yow28
Programme Coordinator Mountain Forestry:
For organizational concerns and questions of all kinds:
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Center for International Relations
Lisa Maria Schmidtberger, MSc.
Peter Jordan-Straße 82a, A-1190 Vienna
Tel.: +43 1 47654-32015
For consulting hours see: Lisa Maria Schmidtberger