How to apply
This page is available under these URLs:
Nomination and Application
First, you have to apply at your home university for a nomination to BOKU. Please contact the International office or the International Programme Coordinator of your home university. When you are nominated you have to complete the application form of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna. Your home coordinator has to send your BOKU application form to the Joint Study coordinator of BOKU.
Find more information in the BOKU Exchange Fact Sheet!
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English
(For example: Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English from countries with English as the official language)
- Completed application form and documents asked for:
- your academic transcript (an official list of courses you have attended so far/ original + copy in English or German translation)
- a copy of your bachelor’s degree or an equivalent amount of ECTS credit points if you want to register for a Master programme
- a copy of your diploma degree if you are a PhD student
- a copy of a German or English language certificate (it is also ok if language certificate is indicated on the transcript of records)
- a copy of your student ID card (page with your picture)
- a copy of your passport (page with your picture)
- one passport-sized photograph to
If you fulfill the requirements an admission letter will be sent to you. With this admission letter you can apply for your Visa.
A full semester load corresponds to 30 ECTS. A minimum of 16 ECTS is recommended. Students can chose from the whole course catalogue and are not limited to one subject area. In the course description you can see which requirements you need. Bachelor students can also take Master's courses.
Semester Packages (Suggestion of courses taught in English language sorted by subject areas): https://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-js-packages-en
How to look for courses: http://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-boku-howtolookforcourses-en.html
You can find all courses in our BOKUOnline System: BOKU Online- Course Selection
Language Courses: https://short.boku.ac.at/int-languages-ex-en.html
- German Intensiv Language Course before the beginning of the semester:
Before the Start of the Semester
It is recommended that students attend Welcome Days and language course before the start of the semester (mid September or mid February). So you should arrive in the mid of September/ mid February: https://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-welcome-en.html
As there is no examination week it is recommended that students plan their stay until mid February (end of winter semester)/mid July (end of summer semester) to finish their exams. Exam dates are set individually for each course.
For the summer semester (end of February-end of June): 30. November
For the winter semester (October-January): 30. June
Please contact us for latecomers!
The application process and the process to get a visa can take several weeks. More information: https://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-life-visa-en.html