Facilities for students with special needs
The integration of students and staff members with special needs is a key concern for the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
For students with disabilities and/or physical or mental health issues, BOKU provides a service and counselling department: the Staff Unit for the Support of People with Special Needs.
Persons with a study-related impairment should be directly addressed and supported. Students or staff with the following can expect a full range of support and services:
- Mobility impairment
- Sensory impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Speech impairment
- Mental issues (depression, burnout, ...)
- Chronic conditions (diabetes, Crohn's disease, ...)
- Partial performance weaknesses (dyslexia, dyscalculia, ...)
- Autism, AD(H)D
What is offered?
- Assistance and information on all study-related questions connected to disabilities and/or chronic conditions
- Individual assistance with organisation of study time
- Counselling on funding opportunities
- Legal framework
- Offer to provide guidance when commencing university studies
- Organisation of technical and/or personal assistance
- Co-operation with the Rectorate, stake-holders, instructors and other persons concerned in order to provide improved learning, working and examination conditions for the target group.
Furthermore, the scope of duties includes:
- Assisting in the realisation of barrier-free access to all BOKU buildings
- Organising public events
- Public relations
- Stimulating projects and seminars dealing with handicap-specific topics and issues
DI Ruth Scheiber
Staff Unit for the Support of People with Special Needs
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
Gregor-Mendel-Straße 33/3/24, 1180 Wien
Telephone: 0043- 1/47654-10461