931312 Mechanization of agriculture in developing countries
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
The lecture is divided into two parts: Part 1 deals with the mechanization of agriculture in developing countries and part 2 with the use renewable energy sources in developing countries.
- to introduce problems of food production in developing countries,
- to broaden participants’ knowledge on traditional production systems and mechanization of important field and post-harvest operations,
- to improve participants’ ability to select appropriate technologies for the mechanization of different farm operations,
- to introduce the potential and application of different renewable energy sources in Developing Countries.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
1. to select the appropriate technologies for the mechanization of the different farm operations of small scale farms in developing countries;
2.to design and implement development projects in the areas of food production, food security and value addition as well as in the application of sustainable energy for income generation;
3.to analyze traditional food storage methods and recommend improvement;
4.to identify renewable energy sources and their utilization in developing countries;
5.to evaluate the performance of different cooking stoves (e.g. energy saving stoves, solar cooking stove, etc.).
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.