931316 Biogenic solid and liquid fuels
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2018/19
- Languages of instruction
Biogenic combustibles and transportation fuels should help to reduce the dependency on fossil raw materials as well as the CO2-emission. Based on examples the specific properties of the elements of the production- and utilization chain will be discussed.
· Definitions and selected basics
· General conditions: Potential, legal guidelines, political targets (e.g.: Renewable Energy Directive of the European Union)
· Raw materials, production, properties and utilization of biogenic combustibles (e.g.: wood logs, wood chips, pellets, …)
· Raw materials, production, properties and utilization of biogenic transportation fuels (e.g.: pure vegetable oil, Biodiesel, Ethanol, …)
· Perspective on the future development
· Relevant sources and publications
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Ability with comprehensive knowldege for evaluation of biogenic combustibles and transportation fuels
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.