931317 Biogas technology
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Gronauer, Andreas , Bauer, Alexander , Enguidanos Requena, Ramon
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2018/19
- Languages of instruction
The course deals with the production of biogas from agricultural biomass and agricultural residues. Several aspects of the anaerobic digestion of biomass are discussed in frontal lessons, an exercise unit and a group work. The course is designed to be interdisciplinary: microbiological and chemical basics in the production of biogas, process engineering elements (through a detailed examination of the process engineering aspects in the field of agricultural production of biomass and agricultural residues) as well as sustainability aspects (evaluation of the environmental impact, future sustainability) are included.
However, the aim of the course is not to learn detailed knowledge of biogas technology, but primarily to analyse processes and innovations in the field of biogas technology and to identify problems and challenges in selected application areas.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- to learn basic knowledge of the anaerobic biogas process and to be able to apply it in procedural terms.
- to acquire skills to interpret process disturbances and identify optimization strategies.
- to know areas of problems and conflicts in protection of environment and climate in agriculture and to point out causes of and solutions to problems and conflicts.
- to develop sustainable bioenergy and land use systems.
- to learn about the variety of processes for the energetic conversion of biomass (biogas, heat, electricity and biofuel production, polygeneration and biorefinery)
- to be able to draw up and evaluate procedural concept planning.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.