933323 Project: Organic farming in tropical and subtropical regions
- Project course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Vogl, Christian R. , Arhar, Eva
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
Transforming a private adventure into a meaningful learning experience, formally recognized in your curriculum?
This course gives you the opportunity to prepare, accompany and follow up on a "private" project planned for the year 2019, such as the work doing WWOOF, a trip, an internship in a project of regional development or development aid
in a competent and structured way - if related to organic agriculture and taking place in the tropics or subtropics.
Please bear in mind that this project can be an excellent preparation or, if necessary, support or follow-up to your master thesis! More about this in course 933.319!
- Previous knowledge expected
1. Knowledge on organic agriculture required (e.g. exam in an introductory course on organic farming).
2. Students of the Master OF & AES is given priority in the registration, then second priority is given to other master students. Bachelor degree is a precondition.
3. Good skills in reading and summarizing scientific and technical literature, and presenting the results, are of advantage.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing this course:
... students have aquired in-depth knowledge and practical experience in the practice of organic agriculture in a country of the Global South.
... students know scientific debates and have own experiences from the reality of organic farming in a country of the global South
... tudents can present in an appealing, structured and technically correct way their experiences.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.