813303 Planning and assessment of waste management systems
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Obersteiner, Gudrun , Gollnow, Sebastian
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
- introduction to the assessment of projects and plans - strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and life cycle assessment (LCA)
- scenario development
- modelling of waste treatment technologies in life cycle assessment
- elaboration of a LCA case study using the GaBi-Software tool
- management game
- debriefing to the management game
- Previous knowledge expected
The content of the LVA Life cycle management (813.304) or similar knowledge to Life cycle Assessment, Impact categories, Assessment Methodologies... is expected.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Participants are able to assess waste management measures and to use specific soft ware tools (e.g. GaBi 6.0). They know basic methods and Instruments for environmental assessmentand can use their knowledge also in practice. They use their aquired knowledge during a managment game of a strategic environmental assessment.
They have theoretical and practical knowledge of basic methods and tools for environmental assessment (LCA) and strategic desicion-making in waste management planning
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.