736305 Principles of law for biotechnology
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Eisenberger, Iris , Hönigsberger, Ferdinand
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
The lecture will be held in German!
Biotechnologists are confronted with a dense network of legal requirements in their professional activities.
In this course, students get an overview of the relevant regulations of biotechnology law. The course offers an insight into biotechnology & law and bioethics & law. It also covers the legal aspects of biosafety, biobanks, plant biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, medical biotechnology, and nanotechnology. In addition, knowledge in the areas of product law (standardisation, certification, and accreditation), IP ,and patent law, as well as legal aspects of business start-ups in the field of biotechnology will be imparted.
- Previous knowledge expected
No prior knowledge is required.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the course, students are able to:
- To identify and describe the main areas of biotechnology law;
- Recognise and evaluate legal issues of biotechnological research and development; and
- Make decisions taking into account the legal requirements for biotechnology.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.