893327 Seminar in energy and process engineering
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Wolf, Magdalena , Al Afif, Rafat
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
Each student should prepare a scientific presentation to a chosen specific topic. Addditionally, an abstract about the chosen topic must be prepared (1-2 pages DIN A4) including all important facts of the presentation. After the presentation, there will be a discussion and some questions will be asked by the lecturers.
The topic can be chosen by the student from an offered list as well as they can suggest a topic they are interested in. Some topics are:
- Sustainable energy production from renewable resources
- Use of renewable resources in the energy sector
- Refrigeration and cooling technology
Groups from Prof. Wendland:
1. High Presure Processes for Renewable Raw Materials - Survey on Research at the Institute
2. Formulation of Substances with Supercritical CO2 (SFN)
3. SFN of Drug-Delivery-Systems
4. Koalescence Extraction
5. Extraction Processes for Protein Processing
6. Stirrer Vessels: Optical Measurements, Fluid Dynamics, New Concepts
7. The Second Osmotic Virial Coeffizient
8. Light Scattering of Aqueous Protein Solutions
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The participants present the state of the art in chemical and energy engineering for specific topics. The participants critically discuss the presentations of their colleagues.
Practical experience in presenting scientific issues as well as in writing a scientific abstract.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.