970306 Methods in environmental biotechnology
This page is available under these URLs:
- Exercise course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Gübitz, Georg , Neureiter, Markus , Loibner, Andreas Paul , Fritz, Ines , Fuchs, Werner , Ribitsch, Doris
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
Practical laboratory exercises for methods that are commonly used in environmental biotechnology. The methods are taught and applied in sections related with specific aspects of environmental biotechnology.
- Ecotoxicity and biotests
- Enzyme-catalyzed processes: Enzymatic degradation of polymers (PET and PBAT), bacterial degradation of TNT
- Extraction and analysis of hydrocarbons in soils
- Visit of a full-scale technical facility (anaerobic digester or waste water treatment plant)
- Previous knowledge expected
Practical experience and required skills for working in chemical and microbiological laboratories.
Knowledge and awareness of safety regulations for laboratories.
Students with insufficient lab skills may be excluded from the course!
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The students are familiar with technical and analytical equipment that is widely used in environmental biotechnology and related fields. They understand the underlying principles of the taught methods and are able to conduct them on their own. They are able to analyze and evaluate the results.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.