External Links on carbon offsetting
- UNFCCC methodologies, http://www.unfccc.int/2860.php, based on IPCC methods, assessed by the UNFCCC Methodology Panel and approved by the CDM Executive Board.
- VCS methodologies, http://www.v-c-s.org/public_comment.html, UNFCCC methods are allowed. Other VCS accepted methods are assessed by two independent, accredited assessors and approved by the VCS Board.
- CCBA, http://www.climate-standards.org/index.html, no specific CO2 calculation standard, community und biodiversity criteria.
- Gold Standard, http://www.cdmgoldstandard.org/, developed by NGOs (WWF) based upon CDM or VCS methods with very strict criteria. No reforestation projects possible.
Carbon offset platforms:
- My Climate, http://www.myclimate.org/, CO2-offset platform, developed at the ETH Zurich
- Atmosfair, http://www.atmosfair.de/, a leading carbon offset platform from Germany
- Climate Austria, https://www.climateaustria.at, managed by the Kommunal Kredit (Austrian public infrastructure bank) and available when booking Austrian Airlines flights
Principle of carbon offsetting:
- World Resources Institute, http://pdf.wri.org/bottom_line_offsets.pdf
- Environmental Change Institute, Oxford University, http://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/publications/downloads/factsheet-offsets.pdf
- UK Department for Energy & Climate Change, http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/emissions/co2_offsetting/co2_offsetting.aspx
- My Climate, http://www.myclimate.org/kompensation/prinzip.html
- Atmosfair, https://www.atmosfair.de/ueber-uns/was-macht-atmosfair/