Discussion event - measuring knowledge?
This page is available under these URLs:
First discussion event of the WG Sustainability Research
Science is an important lever for overcoming the major societal challenges we face as a global community. In order to enable science to effectively support the necessary transformations, critical reflection of the scientific system is essential. This reflection relates on the one hand to the effectiveness of scientific theory and practice in society, but on the other hand to the process of reflection itself.
The Sustainability Research Working Group at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences has set itself the goal of creating discourse spaces for dealing with critical questions in the context of sustainability research at the BOKU. The first event in the series “Sustainability in Discourse” therefore deals with the measurability of knowledge in general and of knowledge in the context of sustainability in particular.
Dr. Lisa Sigl
Lisa Sigl is a research assistant at the research platform "Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in Academic Practice" with a particular interest in the conditions for social responsibility in research.
This event was an eco-event!
ÖkoEvent stands for ...
- the avoidance of waste and optimal waste management
- the use of products from the region and from organic production
- the preference for products from fair trade and animal welfare
- the careful use of water and energy
- the environmentally friendly mobility around the event and
- the communication of the environmentally friendly orientation of the event