11. BOKU-CAS Annual Autumn Congess
On Friday, November 12, 2021, the 11th Autumn Conference of the Center for Agricultural Sciences of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences will take place.
This year's conference will focus on the European "Farm-to-fork" strategy, with particular emphasis on the goal of "ensuring sustainable food production".
National and international speakers will shed light on the 4 quantitative targets of the "Farm-to-fork" strategy up to the year 2030 and in particular discuss the implementation and feasibility as well as the consequences of the implementation for Austria.
The conference will thus cover a broad range of topics, namely.
1) the reduction of the overall consumption, risk and use of hazardous pesticides by 50%.
2) the reduction of nutrient losses by at least 50% and the reduction of fertilizer use by 20%.
3) the reduction of the sale of antimicrobial agents for livestock and in aquaculture by 50%.
4) achieving at least 25% of the EU's agricultural land being farmed organically.
In the introductory lecture, Dr. Wolfgang Burtscher, Director General of the European Commission's Directorate for Agriculture and Rural Development, will present the EU Commission's view and expectations on the objectives and implementation of the Farm-to-Fork Strategy at Member State level and give a specific view on Austria in this context.
The format of the meeting (online, hybrid, analog) is yet to be announced, the detailed program for the meeting will follow.
We kindly ask you to make a note of the date and look forward to seeing you there!