UH 066 454 Master programme Horticultural Sciences
The international master’s programme of Horticultural Sciences focuses on the supply chains in horticulture, fruit growing and viticulture. Processing and product quality, horticultural quality management as well as marketing and nutrition aspects are the prevailing demands on research and teaching.
Horticultural Sciences are an integrated discipline which focuses on the humans’ needs always keeping sustainability in mind. In future this calls for an increased interdisciplinary understanding of plant production, wellbeing, nutrition and environment; and furthermore cost effectiveness is required throughout. Graduates are to contribute to providing consumers with healthy, safe products of high quality.
The programme offers numerous other key career qualifications:
- recognising and analysing problems and working out and implementing solution strategies,
- analytical thinking and acting in both regional and international contexts
- applying and expanding acquired knowledge
- team proficiency, being open to innovations and advanced communication skills
- aptitude to be active in know-how management and to be involved in the international scientific community services
Partners of the programme are: Universitá di Bologna, Universität für Bodenkultur Wien, Center of Life and Food Sciences Freising-Weihenstephan der Technischen Universität München, Faculty of Agriculture and Horticulture der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and the Faculty of Horticultural Sciences der Corvinus University of Budapest.
International mobility and foreign language proficiency are part of the curricula of all partner universities. English is the first working and learning language, German and Italian will be used locally.