Pan-European Seal Programme
BOKU is member of the strategic partner universities of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme.
The purpose of the Pan-European Seal programme is to spot IP talent early in Europe's brightest and highest-achieving graduates. Targeting young, aspiring IP professionals, it offers year-long paid traineeship posts, which this year will run from September 2019 (exact date to be confirmed later).
Each strategic partner university is entitled to submit a yearly shortlist of 5 deserving candidates to the EPO, from which the trainees will be selected, according to each student’s profile and considering the Offices’ needs. By June 30 2019 the EPO will communicate the results to the university.
The internships will start at Mid-September 2019 and last for a period of 12 months.
The traineeship takes place at the EPO in Munich and trainees are paid a monthly compensation. Dedicated training will be offered throughout the year, covering IP-specific matters, career guidance and language courses.
Requirements for science and engineering students:
- be a national of one of the EPO member states
- hold a bachelor's/master's degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- have obtained your degree no more than two years prior to the date of application
- have a very good level of technical English; knowledge of technical German and/or technical French would be an advantage
- have customer service, organisational and prioritisation skills, communication skills, capacity to analyse problems and find appropriate solutions, ability to work independently as well as within a team, responsibility, professionalism, flexibility and self-initiative, personal integrity, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- have completed the required online EPO e-learning course(s) with certificate
(Comment: you have to register on the EPO Platform and to complete the following self-paced courses:
How to apply
To apply for the traineeship, your name must be put forward by a university that is a member of the
Pan-European Seal network.
Please send us your expression of interest until March 15th, 2019 per E-mail (to: email@example.com) indicating your field of competence (e.g. chemics, engineering, IT, economics, law etc.). Then we will inform you about the next steps. Full applications have to be submitted by March 31st, 2019.
The European Patent Office's Online Training offers Open-access modules on ley topics such as
- Searching for patents
- Applying for a patent
- Patent law & practice
- Intellectual property in business
The EUIPO Academy Learning Portal provides information on
- Intellectual property
- General soft skills The IP Teaching Kit provides a comprehensive overview on Intellectual Property Rights