Pan-European Seal Programme
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
BOKU is member of the strategic partner universities of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme.
The Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme is a vehicle for early talent detection among Europe’s brightest and highest-achieving graduates. It targets young, aspiring graduates from several academic backgrounds (IP and non-IP) who will be sponsored by the EUIPO and the EPO for one year-long, paid traineeships.
Each member of the Pan-European Seal is entitled to submit yearly two shortlists, one for the EUIPO and one for the EPO, from which an average of around 100 trainees in total are selected, according to each student’s profile and considering each Office’s needs. Traineeships take place either at the EUIPO or the EPO with a monthly training allowance, as well as other benefits.
Trainees have the opportunity to benefit from on-the-job coaching by staff, as well as online training, e-courses in their field of expertise and language courses in one of the official languages of each office.
The internships will start at Mid-September 2020 and will take place in Alicante (EUIPO) od Munich (EPO), trainees are paid a monthly compensation
Requirements for science and engineering students:
- be a national of one of the EPO member states
- hold a relevant degree/Masters in any of the eligible academic areas from the strategic university partners (in the case of the EPO, regarding the fields of search and examination, traineeships are also open to final-year students)
- have a minimum certified CEF B1 level (Common European Framework of reference for languages) in at least one of the five working languages of the EUIPO (DE, EN, FR, IT, or ES) or one of the three working languages of the EPO (EN, FR or DE)
- have previous participation in international programmes, such as Erasmus+, is considered favourably
- have customer service skills; communication skills; capacity to analyse problems and find appropriate solutions; ability to work independently as well as part of a team; responsibility, professionalism, flexibility and self-initiative; capacity to work in an international environment
- have completed at least one online course from the EUIPO’s Academy Learning Portal, while the EPO might request the completion of at least two e-learning courses depending on the traineeship area
How to apply
To apply for the traineeship, your name must be put forward by a PES Member (BOKU).
Send us your expression of interest until March 11th, 2020 per E-mail (to: email@example.com) indicating your field of competence. Then we will inform you about the next steps.
Further information to the traineeship:
The European Patent Office's Online Training offers Open-access modules on ley topics such as
- Searching for patents
- Applying for a patent
- Patent law & practice
- Intellectual property in business
The EUIPO Academy Learning Portal provides information on
- Intellectual property
- General soft skills The IP Teaching Kit provides a comprehensive overview on Intellectual Property Rights