Danubius Young Scientist Award
2019 this award will, for the sixth time, be complemented with a specific price for young scientists – the „Danubius Young Scientist Award“. This award will be granted to 14 young scientists - one in each country that is part of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region [Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Romania and the Ukraine].
The award seeks to highlight the scientific work and talent of young researchers and enhance the visibility of the scientific community in the region: Moreover, the award encourages young scientists to engage in the scientific examination of the multifaceted issues and questions specifically related to the Danube Region.
The award will be endowed with 1.200 Euros for each winner of the Danubius Young Scientist Award.
- Scientific excellence and innovative approach of the academic work
- Thematic relevance of the scientific work for issues/problems of the Danube region
- Relevance of the scientific work beyond the national borders
- Potential of the candidate (for example: integration in international networks, participation in scientific projects, publication history, experience in teaching etc.)
- No formal age limit - BUT limitation to participants that have received their Master/PhD max. 5 years ago (= after 1st of January 2014).
Submissions of candidates holding only a bachelor degree will not be accepted! Document submission
Documents have to be submitted in English language (exception: copy of the academic title received) and have to consist of the following parts:
- maximum 2 pages summary of the scientific work (e.g. thesis, dissertation, journal article, scientific publication etc.) and its specific relevance for the Danube Region
- Curriculum Vitae including publication list of the candidate (max. 3 pages)
- Copy of the document related to the award of the highest academic title received (to verify the criteria of max. 5 years after master degree or PhD degree).
Please consolidate/merge parts 1. and 2. into one file (preferably in pdf format), while 3. the copy of the academic degree can be a separate document
Place of submission and deadline
Nominations will be accepted in electronic format and in English language only.
The nomination of the award candidate cannot be made by the candidate himself/herself but he or she has to be nominated by their hosting scientific organization (university, academy of sciences etc.).
The number of nominations per organization is limited to 3. However, the three candidates have to come from different faculties or departments, institutes or research groups within the organization. Click here for further informations.
Applications must be send to researchfunds(at)boku.ac.at till 11th of April 2019.
A preselection will be made by the vice rector of research and innovation.
Candidates for the Danubius Young Scientist Award can come from all scientific disciplines.
official Deadline: Friday, 26 th April 2019