752340 Biochemical technology (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2019
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
1. The lecture 'Biochemical Technology' will give details about the production processes of some of the most important substrates used for fermentative processes or further transformations, starch, sucrose and plant oils. Alternative production of oil through fermentation by yeasts, fungi and algae.
2. Introduction to enzymes, enzyme catalysis and enzymatic processes; use of enzymes to produce glucose syrup from starch; enzymatic systems involved in the degradation of lignocellulose and conversion of lignocellulosic polysaccharides to fermentable sugars, enzymatic esterification in the production of biodiesel
3. fermentation processes to produce ethanol and other alcohols; lactic acid, succinic acid and other building blocks for the chemical industry; use of metabolic engineering to improve these fermentation processes
4. biocatalysis, definition, challenges and major examples
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
basic knowledge in microbiology and biochemistry (main metabolic pathways in micro-organisms) as well as in biotechnology (cultivation of micro-organisms, fermentation technology)
after completing the course on 'Biochemical Technology' students will have a profound knowledge of important sources for fermentable sugars, enzymatic conversion of various polysaccharides to fermentable sugars, and the production of major chemical building blocks through fermentation and biocatalysis
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.