European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics
On this page you can find an overview of the EMABG participation costs as well as other costs you can expect while participating in the EMABG programme. You can find out more about scholarship opportunities on the next page.
The EMABG is a 2-year master's programme. EMABG participation costs are €4,500 per year for students from Programme Countries and €9,000 per year for students from Partner Countries.
The EMABG participation costs are equal for all students in a particular category and are irrespective of the universities you choose for your first and second year. A major part of this sum consists of tuition fees for the universities you will attend, and that is also the main reason for the difference in EMABG participation costs. Most partner universities have higher tuition fees for non-EU than for EU students.
A limited number of scholarships covering EMABG participation costs are available, mainly for students from Partner Countries. Please have a look at the exact possibilities for scholarships.
Programme Country or Partner Country
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and in addition: The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, Turkey
All other countries
- Students who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in a Programme Country, count as Programme Country students. The five-year reference period for this 12-month rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline defined by the consortia of applying for an EMJMD student scholarship.
- Students with dual nationality (of a Partner and of a Programme Country) must specify the nationality under which they submit their scholarship application.
What is covered by the EMABG participation costs?
Out of the EMABG participation costs for both years, we pay for you:
- Your participation to the introduction course Welcome to EMABG
- The tuition fees to the host university of year 1
- Your participation to the Summer course Animal Breeding and Genetics
- The tuition fees to the host university of year 2
- Your participation to the Graduation Ceremony in Vienna
- Student insurance costs (health and liability) for both years of the EMABG programme.
What other costs can I expect?
The EMABG participation costs do not cover costs for travel, living and stay. This means you need to take into account an average of around €1,000 per month for the total duration of the programme (24 months). You will need this money for living (food, study books, other expenses), stay (room rent during the various parts of the programme), and travel (to and from Europe, travel between Wageningen and first and second host universities). For excellent students, we have a limited number of full scholarships available. Please read the scholarship possibilities.