CASEE Summer School, July 2019, Prague
BOKU teachers & students wanted!
Topic of this year’s CASEE summer school (3 ECTS credits): Landscape change in the modern age: from 19th century towards today’s landscape.
Duration & venue: July 1-14, 2019, in Prague, Czech Republic.
Students and teachers from BOKU with background in the following areas are invited to participate actively in the CASEE Summer school 2019.
Topics of special interest:
- changes in agricultural practises
- water in landscape – amelioration, straightening of rivers and streams
- intensive coal and ore mining, recultivation, deforestation, reforestation
- new modes of transport and their impact on landscape
- landscape memory loss (key elements, patterns...)
- urbanisation, forced depopulation, return of the wilderness
- loss of settlements, establishment of modern towns and cities
- change of scenery and visual qualities
- renewables and modern production of energy
@BOKU teachers: In case you are interested to join the summer school in the context of a teaching activity, please contact the CASEE Secretariat. If you want to apply for ERASMUS+ staff mobility support, please check the website and contact Gudrun Reisinger for further information on ERASMUS+ Staff training funding.
@BOKU students: In case you would like to apply please contact Gudrun Reisinger from the Center for International Relations for further information and scholarship opportunities until March 20, 2019.
Find further information here