In times of growing challenges such as climate change, increasing world population and food demand, shortages of arable land, and urbanization, sustainable consumer behavior is of significant importance to achieve the SDGs and climate goals. For this Special Issue, we welcome original submissions that are linked to the following subject areas:
- Marketing for green food products
- Consumer decision-making for sustainable food and beverages
- Communication of sustainability within the food supply chain
- Organic, seasonal, and regional food consumption
- Corporate social responsibility in the food supply chain
- Community-based initiatives and movements in the food sector (e.g., food sharing, alternative food networks, community gardens)
- Carbon-friendly consumer behavior within the food domain (e.g., reduction of meat consumption and food waste, sufficiency)
- Cross-national aspect of sustainable marketing in the food sector
The submission deadline is 31 December 2020. Interested scientist may send their manuscript now or up until the deadline. Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Authors are also encouraged to send a short abstract or tentative title to the Editorial Office in advance (sustainability(at)mdpi.com or petty.wang(at)mdpi.com).
Sustainability is fully open access. Open access (unlimited and free access by readers) increases publicity and promotes more frequent citations, as indicated by several studies. Open access is supported by the authors and their institutes. Article Processing Charges of CHF 1800 (APC) apply to accepted papers. For further details on the submission process, the instructions for authors are available at the journal website (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/instructions).
Link for further reading: