731347 Rural development
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
I Rural development concepts and definitions, disparities and vulnerabilities
II Indicators, aggregated indices, Shift and Share Analysis for structural and development analyses, structural specifics of rural areas, demographic change
III Location factors, location theories and location marketing
IV Models, theories and methods for explaining and analysing rural development
V Rural governance and rural development policies
VI Moderation of development processes
VII Networks and Clusters
VIII Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
At the end of the course students
* understand the basic concepts and theories of rural development and rural governance,
* have an overview on tools and methods for analysing and supporting rural development (and their strengths and weaknesses),
* are able to critically reflect on rural development concepts, theories, strategies and processes.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.