Who we are
The Department accommodates all research and teaching activities in economics, social sciences, humanities and law at BOKU. We are a unique academic organisation in this field in Austria. We synthesize economic, political, social, ecological and ethical aspects. Innovation, inter- and transdisciplinarity as well as internationality define our department culture.
The fields of teaching and research are:
- Economics, policy and law of the agricultural, food, forestry, energy and transport sectors,
- Sustainable development and social transformation,
- Bio-resources management, environmental policy and environmental history,
- Economics, political sciences, sociology and law of climate change,
- Sociology and rural development,
- Management strategies of value chains of food and biomass,
- Optimisation and (e)valuation of managerial and economic processes in agriculture, forestry, timber industry, environmental and food sector,
- Social ecology and social metabolism.