Experimental teaching, virtual mobility, applied sciences, new class room concepts and sustainability.
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
The University of Sustainability and Life
In 1919, women were admitted for the first time as ordinary students to our university. Today, 50% of our students enrolled are females - a key factor for the success of our work.
• We are one of the best universities in Europe for sustainability
• We are a leading university, where scientists and students exchange ideas with policymakers and stakeholders from both the private sector and civil society
• We see ourselves as an innovation leader in the green economy
Standards and professional focus
• Conservation and development of protection for habitats and the economic market, as well as standards of living
• Management of natural resources
• Ensuring food security and human health
finding sustainable solutions to societal challenges such as climate change, scarcity of raw materials, loss of biodiversity, ...
The new Centre for Bioeconomy coordinates BOKU's internal and external institutions, in their teaching and research activities on the way to an economy based on renewable raw materials.
We have been researching and teaching sustainability since 1872. BOKU is committed to contributing to the sustainable development of society.