Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources. Many tools are offered to track, analyze and visualize research. Scopus covers the following subjects:
- Natural sciences, medical and life sciences, technology
- Social sciences
- Arts & humanities
Scopus offers references und citations of scientific articles, that are necessary for citation analysizes (Who's citing whom?).
The evaluation starts with publication year 1996.
Further information regarding Scopus:
- 50 million records and abstracts of nearly 21,000 titles from 5,000 international publishers (december 2013).
- Updated daily.
- Searchable abstracts beginning with 1966 (in some cases even 1823).
- For articles published since 1996 in addition to the abstracts a linked literature reference list is available.
- Links to Full Text articles and bibliographic sources.
- Continuously extended range of open-access- and electronic-only journals.
Besides the using the reserach tools it is possible to create search profiles and to set up a search alert (RSS-Feed is available). → UB Bodenkultur