Role of the library
This page is available under these URLs:
The following libraries form part of the University Library of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences:
- Main Library
- Special Library for Food- and Biotechnology
- Special Library for Economics and Social Sciences
- Special Library for Forest and Soil Sciences
- Special Library for Landscape, Spatial and Infrastructure Sciences. All libraries are located at different departments and facilities of the university.
Duties of the library contain:
- Acquisition, indexing (preparation) and supply of all information media which are considered necessary to fulfil teaching and research assignments with simultaneous consideration of consistency and completeness of all media.
- Provision of holdings for members of the university and the scientifically interested public.
- Provision of information by means of worldwide data networks (e.g. internet) and databases including delivery of documents.
- Maintaining and indexing historic and valuable stocks.
- Cooperation with Austrian and International joint ventures for scientific information technology.
- Collaboration and coordination with Austrian and European scientific libraries.
- Electronic and conventional information services (e.g. database search or the use of usual catalogues or bibliographies)
- Providing library resources for using and borrowing.
- Acquisition of literature via international and national inter-library loan.
- Guided tours