933319 Global case studies on organic agriculture
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Arhar, Eva , Vogl, Christian R.
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2018/19
- Languages of instruction
Registration still possible !
Transforming a private adventure into a meaningful learning experience, formally recognized in your curriculum?
The course 933.319 is a preparation for the project 933.323 and can only be attended together with this project. Please note and therefore also take into account the information for 933.323 and register - if interested - for both courses.
Course 933.319 is designed to take all necessary and meaningful steps so that you can plan, implement and complete your project 933.323 in a well prepared way.
1. Discussion of the process and project plans of the participants;
2.a. Phase of individual consultation and support in the individual implementation of your project;
2.b. Parallel to 2.a. Writing a written text for the implementation of your project (project plan including method manual and state of knowledge);
3. Presentation of your planned project as a poster.
Remark: The project 933.323 gives you the opportunity to prepare, accompany and follow up on a "private" project planned for the year 2019, such as the work doing WWOOF, a trip, an internship in a project of regional development or development aid
in a competent and structured way - if related to organic agriculture and taking place in the tropics or subtropics. Please bear in mind that this project can be an excellent preparation or, if necessary, support or follow-up to your master thesis! More about this in course 933.319!
- Previous knowledge expected
1. Knowledge on organic agriculture required (e.g. exam in an introductory course on organic farming).
2. Students of the Master OF & AES is given priority in the registration, then second priority is given to other master students. Bachelor degree is a precondition.
3. Good skills in reading and summarizing scientific and technical literature, and presenting the results, are of advantage.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Upon completion of this course the students will be able to:
Being able to explain how a complex, strategically important and risky project has to be planned.
Having prepared the own project on organic farming in tropical and subtropical countries, so that it can be implemented starting from March 2019 – September 2019.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.