910110 Bachelor's thesis seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
- Deutsch, Englisch
To successfully complete the seminar, you must actively participate in one or two classes. Three dates will be offered each semester.
1) For the first class you must prepare a poster with the conceptual structure (and possibly first results) of your Bachelor thesis work and briefly present it in a "Poster Session" (2-5 min). Typical sub-headings of the poster are a brief introduction (background information on the subject), research question(s), and applied methods. If you conduct your work in a group, please create a joint poster.
2) At the second class (or if you only participate once as agreed on with your supervisor), the results your thesis will be presented and interpreted. If you conduct your work in a group, the duration of the oral presentation is 20 minutes (per group), while the duration of the presentation is 10 min for individuals. Following the presentation, the professors, tutors and others will discuss the present work with you (about 5 min).
Please discuss the timing of your participation and the content of your poster / presentation in advance with your supervisor!
- Previous knowledge expected
- Creating scientific posters and presentations, acquired through courses like "Introduction to scientific work" etc.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- are capable of solving problems and arguments in their field independently and in a team on the basis of technical and methodological knowledge
- are capable to present the concept (outline) and the results of their thesis convincingly, to classify it within their scientific discipline, and to defend it against critical objections,
- are able to access in-depth knowledge on the subject area of your thesis and to use it within scientific discussions, and
- can reflect their results also in terms of social and ethical implications.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.