851311 Environmental statistics
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Laaha, Gregor , Schlögl, Matthias
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
• Introduction (aim, data, explorative statistics)
• Local methods (characteristic values, homogeneity tests, extreme values, time series analysis)
• Regional methods (multivariate methods, geostatistics, grouping methods)
• Short introduction to statistics-software "R"
• Application of "R" to environmental data
• Elaboration of practical exercises
- Previous knowledge expected
Advanced lecture in applied statistics. A sound basis in statistical methods (introduction to statistics) and computer basics required!
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Students gain basic knowledge of methods to perform statistics of environmental data, their basic assumptions, and to the use of statistical software (R) to analyse data.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.