815311 Simulation in vadose zone environment
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Brunetti, Giuseppe
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2018/19
- Languages of instruction
- Introduction to Vadose Zone hydrology
- Water Flow and Solute Transport
- Introduction to numerical modeling
- Numerical solution techniques (Finite Volume, Finite Element, Finite Differences)
- Model components
- Data processing
- Model calibration and uncertainty assessment.
- Modeling with HYDRUS.
- Selected modeling applications.
- Previous knowledge expected
Advanced knowledge of soil physics (VU 815.101) is mandatory.
Experience in numerical simulations is recommended.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Understanding and physical description of water and solutes movement in the vadose zone (unsaturated soil)
- Setup, parameterization, and application of numerical simulations of the soil water and solutes movement using HYDRUS.
- Knowledge of relevant parameters and properties with respect to the soil water balance
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.