818304 Technology assessment
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Gufler, Klaus , Drapalik, Markus , Liebert, Wolfgang
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
Modern technology development and utilization is not a pure success story. Increasingly ambivalences of scientific and technological progress have become clear. In order to take this into view and work on the so-called side-effect problems, the Technology Assessment (TA) has been developed.
TA is a collective term for a systematic process of scientific investigation of conditions and consequences of technology and mechanization as well as their social evaluation and design.
In many areas TA has since been used, particularly in the field of energy technologies. A variety of game types of TA have been worked out here which are trying to address problematic consequences of technology and to support more informed decision-making processes about technology . One of these TA - game species is the parliamentary TA , which is discussed by way of example in the seminar .
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Get basic knowledge of technology assessment (TA)
- Get insight into the course of a parliamentary TA process
- Develop skills for energy-technological topics
- Experience and learn the drafting of expert opinions
- Learn the interdisciplinary nature of TA
- Develop skills for designing transdisciplinary research
- Test reflection about technical generation and technical utilization processes
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.