958151 Propagation and pruning of fruit plants
This page is available under these URLs:
- Exercise and field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
- Basics of fruit tree pruning (growing principles, technique and length of cutting)
- Characteristics and practical pruning exercises of the most important pome, stone and soft fruit species (identification of shoots and buds, development stadia, natural and artificial crown types, time of pruning)
- Presentation of the most important propagation methods in theory and practice
- Identification of important beneficial insects, pests and diseases in the orchard
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The partecipants of the course learn the theoretical background and the practical skills for pruning and propagating the most important fruit species. Thus observations in the orchard of shoots and buds, beneficial insects, pests and diseases during the early growing season are taken.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.