931300 Agricultural engineering in plant production - seminar
- Seminar and field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Gronauer, Andreas , Motsch, Viktoria , Bauer, Alexander , Wagentristl, Helmut , Barta, Norbert
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
The course focuses on special topics in the field of agricultural engineering in plant production. This course builds upon the content of the courses “Fundamentals of Agricultural Engineering“ (931.103), “Agricultural Engineering in Plant Production“ (931.100) as well as „Agricultural Engineering in Plant Production - practical course“ (931.101). Students will delve into various aspects of agricultural engineering by researching and writing literature comparison papers. One focus of the course is to work with scientific literature in English and correctly use English technical terms.
The course is designed to be interdisciplinary and covers process engineering (through the detailed examination of process engineering aspects of agricultural engineering), plant production aspects (by conveying the technical requirements based on plant production conditions), as well as sustainability aspects (by evaluating the environmental effects, future viability). The course’s primary aim is not simply to communicate detailed information on agricultural engineering, but rather to contribute to a critical evaluation of processes and innovations in the course’s areas of focus, as well as to determine problems and challenges in the selected fields of application.
- Previous knowledge expected
The prerequisite for participation in the course is a solid foundation in agricultural engineering and agricultural production, as well as in plant production.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Upon positive completion of the course, students will be able to:
• Give an overview of special topics in the field of agricultural engineering
• Confidently use scientific literature (search, use and correctly cite literature)
• Critically evaluate scientific literature
• Participate in discussions based on the analysis of scientific literature and determine development potential, risks and open research areas
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.