813303 Planning and assessment of waste management systems
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
- introduction to the assessment of projects and plans - strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and life cycle assessment (LCA)
- scenario development
- modelling of waste treatment technologies in life cycle assessment
- elaboration of a LCA case study using the GaBi-Software tool
- Presentation and discussion of the results
- Previous knowledge expected
The content of the LVA Life cycle management (813.304) or similar knowledge to Life cycle Assessment, Impact categories, Assessment Methodologies... is expected.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The participants are able to evaluate waste management measures
They are able to use relevant software tools (e.g. GaBi 6.0) and are familiar with the basic methods and instruments of life cycle assessment and can apply them in practice.
They have theoretical and practical knowledge of basic methods and tools for environmental assessment (LCA) and strategic desicion-making in waste management planning
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.