736105 Basics of law and legislation
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Sedef, Arzu , Hönigsberger, Ferdinand , Fuchs, Claudia , Eisenberger, Iris , Damjanovic, Dragana
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
The concept and origin of law, as well as the general outlines of constitutional, European and administrative law, are explained. During this programme, legal concepts in areas such as special administration, commercial, water, forestry, construction, spatial planning and legal protection for administrative procedures are addressed in depth. Furthermore, the basic principles of general civil, debt and property law are imparted.
- Previous knowledge expected
No prior knowledge is required.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the course, the students are able to:
- Describe and explain key legal concepts, such as laws, decrees and contracts.
- Outline the systematic coherences of the different legal areas.
- Recognise and evaluate simple legal issues in selected legal areas.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.