958341 Traditional and molecular aspects of grapevine breeding and selection
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Anhalt-Brüderl, Ulrike
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
Recent trends in grapevine breeding, both in terms of basic research and practical programs, will be shown to the students.
Nowadays challenges faced by table- and wine-grape breeders will be highlighted.
Students will learn the different advantages and disadvantages of traditional and molecular breeding methods.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- will identify the different aims in table grapes, wine grapes, raisins and rootstocks breeding programs
- will identify the different genetic sources for grapevine breeding programs
- will identify the advantages and disadvantages of traditional and molecular breeding methods
- will understand the connection between traditional and molecular selection
- will acquire updated information on grapevine breeding programs
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.