958334 Viticulture and pomology journal club
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Berger, Harald , Forneck, Astrid
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
All students (Master, PhD) are invited.
The main goals of this course are to improve student's skills on scientific methods by analysing peer-reviewed published manuscripts. Students will learn to interprete scientific results and critically discuss them.
Ultimately you greatly expand your vision and skills for writing your own papers!
- Previous knowledge expected
General knowledge on viticulture and/or fruit sciences to understand recently published publications in the field is required.
An adequate level of English is needed.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Approach scientific publications by getting experience reading papers.
- Get insight into the process of publishing a scientific paper.
- Learn how to write an scientific abstract.
- Get acquainted with scientific topics related to viticulture and pomology.
- Improve understanding of scientific methods by analyzing experimental work and interprete results and critically discuss them in groups
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.