958342 World wines and viticulture
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
The lecture is held blocked in 7 units. Compulsory attendance!
First lecture will introduce the concept of terroir in viticulture/wine business.
Following units will display a wine country and its terroir, climate, wines. Lectures will be held by external experts from the country (e.g. France, Italy, others) including wine tasting with wines of the country. Students will be organized in groups to present about other winegrowing regions of interest. Workgroups and the regions to develop will be created during the first lecture.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic aspects of viticulture and wine making, as well as wine tasting
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Gain insights into international terroirs (Europe, new world) employing examples by which the students will learn:
- to link geography and climate with wine style;
- to evaluate effects of political structures and strategies of marketing on winemaking;
- to get proof through wine tastings
- to discuss the above mentioned topics
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.