853318 Cultural landscape and ecotourism
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Arnberger, Arne , Eder, Renate
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
The lecture focuses on the different concepts of ecotourism and the importance and potential of cultural landscapes and nature orientated ecosystems as tourism products. Supported by theoretical models the student get the capability to estimate the impacts on the local social, ecological and economic environment.
Following topics are presented:
- Tourism - definitions
- Who are the eco-tourists?
- Conservation areas as tourist areas
- Wildlife viewing
- Criteria and indicators for ecotourism offers
- Landscape preferences
- Cultural landscape tourism: Wine, orchards, alps, forests
- Experience-Setting in cultural landscape tourism
- Environmental education and ecotourism
- 27.01.2020: 11:00 bis 12:30
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The students ...
... are able to define relevant terms of ecotourism and cultural landscape tourism
... know the relationship between landscape and tourism
... are able to identify and analyse potentials of ecotourism and cultural landscape tourism and are able to develop sustainable tourism offers
... are able to estimate the impact of tourism on the local social, ecological and economic environment
... know about the national and international significance of ecotourism
... are able to analyse the sustainibility of tourism offers
... are able to identify conflicts between tourism, local inhabitants and nature conservation
... are able to develop strategies for conflict reduction.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.