831138 Systematic botany (forestry)
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
Basic concepts to describe variety in plants. Phylogeny, Ontogeny, Phänetics, Taxonomy. Use of plant traits (from the level of genes to whole populations) to understand evolutionary processes and to describe diversity. Overview about the taxonomic system of plants. Comparative descriptions of the most important plant families.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- getting familiar with diversity in plants kingdom (recognize diversity)
- knowlegde on how to treat diversity
- know about the importance of different traits for the development and accomplishment of diversity
- appreciate structures and their progressions during evolution
- learn how to describe and evaluate plants diversity in forest ecosystems
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.