831303 Methods of species and habitat conservation
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
The seminar is basically divided in 4 large subject areas:
1. Biodiversity – What is biodiversity? How is it measured?
2. Legal regulatory framework, aspects of society, data bases
3. Species protection (monitoring, umbrella species, indicator species)
4. Conservation programs (ex-situ vs. in-situ; resettlement)
Seminarroom Institut of Botany
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After successful completion of the course, the students are acquainted with different aspects and methods of species and biotope protection. They are put in a position to critically become acquainted with a given topic, effectively present it and guide discussions on it (independent search and processing of information, presentation and communication). They can capture causal connections with the higher-ranking topic, draw conclusions respectively assess complex circumstances of the case.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.