834302 Precautionary environmental management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
1. From end-of-pipe to precautionary environmental management; deficits of the conventional environmental policy; bases of the preventive environmental policy.
2. Bases of precaution planning; system theory and biocybernetics; orientation and paradigm change.
3. Environmental precaution in the social context; ecological and ethical bases; environmental policy at the test stand.
4. Ecologic sustainability in the economic context; system-oriented management; cybernetic management.
5. Sustainable development as an integrative concept; dimensions of sustainibility; innovation management for sustainable development.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Understandings for the interconnectedness between environment, society and economics - especially in global dimensions and developments.
Become acquainted with methods to describe and handle complex systems with taking precautions and connections by systemic thinking.
Introduction to the possibilities for the organization of complex systems with taking precautions and future-orientedness into account.
Creation of a fundamental understanding of sustainable development for society, economics and politics.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.