736323 Biotechnology law
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Angel, Florian , Fuchs, Claudia , Kallinger, Maximilian
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
Biotechnologists are confronted with a dense network of legal requirements.
In this course, students get an overview of the relevant regulations of biotechnology law. The course offers an insight into biotechnology & law and bioethics & law. It also covers the legal aspects of biosafety, biobanks, plant biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, medical biotechnology, and nanotechnology. Additionally, we will deal with the areas of product law (standardisation, certification, and accreditation) as well as legal aspects of business start-ups in the field of biotechnology.
- Previous knowledge expected
No prior knowledge is required.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- identify and describe the main areas of biotechnology law;
- recognise and evaluate legal aspects of biotechnological research and innovation; and
- take into account the legal provisions for biotechnology when making decisions in their professional life.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.